Sunday, November 26, 2006

Croatoan December 7th


The next episode of Supernatural airs on December 7th, Croatoan. Supposedly, Dean and Sam travel to Oregon to unravel their next case. It's too bad that Supernatural creator Eric Kripke and executive producer, McG, didn't really film Supernatural in Oregon. What is the appeal of Vancouver,BC? I saw a interview that said that Vancouver looks like any place... excuse me, have you ever been to Central Oregon? Within a 50 to 100 mile radius you can 'get' anyplace too. We have mountains, desert, valleys, lakes, rivers plus if you really want to film at the coast, it's only a four hour drive PLUS it's closer to L.A. than Vancouver. (If you couldn't tell, I'm a hard core Oregonian and probably one of the few born and raised Oregonians who live in Central Oregon.)
If my memory serves, Croatoan is an old east coast legend: a small settlement around/near Jamestown was established and when traders went back to the settlement a year later, not a single person could be found. No animals, no bodies, nothing except the word Croatoan carved into one of the buildings or trees or somewhere. Right?
There are some pretty freaky things that happen in Oregon. The local news channel, Z21, did a report about "Bigfoot in Central Oregon" a couple months ago. And in the latter growing up years, I lived in a blip on the map, Christmas Valley, Oregon (approx. 80 miles from Bend, one way) and some of the old timers swore that satanic cults would steal their cattle and have rites and rituals.
One night, I was home alone, reading since there wasn't TV out there and the dogs started barking. Thinking it was coyotes, I opened the door to listen. Not a sound, talk about freaky. I called my cousin and he came over. (Okay, all you with your minds in the gutter. I am an only child so my cousin's in Christmas Valley were the closet thing I got to brothers.)
Years later, a witches coven set up shop in the area and weird stuff happened. I tried not to listen to the rumors due to being in my very early twenties at the time, living by myself for the first time and everyone knew who is was and where I lived.
Yesiree, Central Oregon is very happening. Hey, Kevin Costner thought it was good enough.

No comments: