Friday, September 26, 2008

Are You There God? It's me, Dean Winchester Supernatural 4.2

This is a first - I did not like this episode at all. There were a few funny parts I liked (Dean asking Sam for pie and Sam forgetting the pie, Bobby's panic room) but other than that it left a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm an evangelical Christian and I'd like to think I have a fair knowledge of the Bible. However, it really bugs me how Hollywood generalizes Christianity and it always seems to be from a Catholic perspective.



The way Supernatural portrays these issues have never bothered me before there was just something that set my teeth on edge, especially Lilith opening the seals. (Only a specific angel of the Lord can open the seals, commanded by God himself.)
I could try and argue the dialog and state Bible verses to back up my claim but I won't. I just have to remind myself, and others, that Supernatural is a work of fiction just like any other show. I hope that other viewers will seek out the truth by doing their own study into the topics the episode addressed, take the performed dialog with a grain of salt and not as the "gospel" according to Kripke.

No comments: